Our belief is anchored in the free and responsible pursuit of truth and meaning. What defines is our devotion to the shared search for spiritual growth. We acknowledge our diversity and focus on tolerance and acceptance.
Our foundation is based on principles that promote peaceful coexistence through actions aimed to unite society as one big family. These principles include:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every individual
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations
- Tolerance of one another and encouragement of spiritual growth
- Free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right to conscience and application of democratic processes in society
- Peace, liberty, and justice in the world
- Respect for the interdependent web that we are all part of
We are living in unprecedented times. The moment is ripe for interracial cooperation geared towards collective healing. Such conversations and unity may serve as tools for the social change we need in society.
At the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Miami, we place great significance on:
We believe in cooperative, productive, and positive communications between different religious traditions and beliefs. Our purpose is to engage in constructive conversations that can spur a positive response to religious conflicts in society.
Social action against oppression and injustice
George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and many others. The ghastly murders of black men and women by police officers and white supremacists have sparked the call for social action against oppression and injustice in the form of racism. These and other forms of injustice in the current society must be eradicated at all costs. That is why we strive to bring change through a call for systemic changes.
- Our Team
- Our Site Disclaimer
Best Articles to Read
- Adult Enrichment
- Ideas for Community Leaders to Help Woodworkers
- In the Absense of Tragedy